Grey Beads on Knotted Silver Lame Cord



Silver lame (lah-may) cord is hand knotted with pretty glass gray beads. This is a triple strand necklace and looks airy and delicate. It is very lightweight. The shortest strand is about 19" long. It is finished with a magnetic clasp.
I wish I knew how to make an accent aigu here.  Calling my jewelry lame is not my intention.

I like the looks of this lam-e cord, and I didn't know it existed until I saw it in the store.  Although it is slender, it is still difficult to thread it through the beads.  It is not stiff, it is more like the silk knotting thread that I also use.  On the other hand, it doesn't work well with a needle.  I eventually discovered a way to get it done, which I may leave as a workshop secret.  I bought large spools of both silver and gold cord, so I have plenty to use up!

Some people have asked me where my jewelry is sold.  There are links on this blog page itself, but here is the link to my Etsy store d'Olivia Jewelry.  You can make it as a bookmark favorite, and there is even a link in the right hand column of the store page where you can "Subscribe to shop feed". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...