Goodnight Irene

Last week started with an earthquake and ended with hurricane, floods, and tornadoes.  I'd rather not have another week like that, thank you very much.
These are photos of Chester Creek, much higher than usual, much browner than usual.  We miraculously escaped any real damage at our home, but I wish I could say the same for others that needed to evacuate, or lost their homes, and in some cases, lost loved ones.  Glorious weather can bring us such joy, but weather can also be so cruel. 
The above is not actually Chester Creek at all, just some land nearby that only looks like a creek at the moment. 
I don't remember what this tree looked like before the storm, so this may not all be from the hurricane.  I'm calling it "yoga tree", because I would like to be so flexible that I could bend in this position.  If you click upon it, you should be able to see more details of the contortionist tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...