Yellow Turquoise Not

This necklace features various types of jasper, shell, and glass.  The focal stones are labeled as "yellow turquoise", so that is what I am calling them.  However, yellow turquoise is not turquoise that is yellow.  Apparently, it is a type of jasper.  Who comes up with these names?
I've used an antiqued silver S-clasp on this necklace.  I don't usually use these, since it makes me wonder why there need to be two hooks on either end, when only one would do.  Between that and wondering why they call it yellow turquoise, oh my!  On the other hand, I basically design upon the "ooh pretty!" rationale, so this fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...