Collage Bracelet

This was interesting and different for me.  The metal framework of the bracelet came as one piece.  I was accustomed to purchasing individual bezels, and assembling them myself, but I wanted to experiment with this one.  Then, instead of pouring resin into the bezels, I purchased clear resin domes.   These must have been made in a mold.  If I poured the resin myself straight into the bezels, I would not get such high domes.  I created my own "scrapbook paper" digitally using shades of ivory, plum and turquoise.  I prefer making my own as compared to finding something I like at the craft store. 
Although I am pleased with the way it looks, I don't think I'll go with the bezel bracelet blank again.  It is a much more costly finding than using the individual bezel blanks, and the resin domes are costly also.  When one is making items for resale, one has to think of the non-crafting buyer, who might not understand the cost of supplies.   I definitely plan to continue making my own scrapbook paper.  I like using my own colors and designs.  I never seem to find anything I like at the craft store.  And since I make it digitally, I know I can always print more, and not worry about the store running out of stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...