Safari Jasper and Friends











I have made a necklace and bracelet set using nuggets of safari jasper with goldstone and deep blue beads.  These colors all work nicely together, and end with a decorative pewter toggle clasp.
I know some designers like to make a piece either ALL gemstone, ALL glass, or ALL acrylic, but I tend to mix it up a bit.  I'm looking at the colors, shapes, and textures really.  Another important factor is the actual weight.  I want the piece to be practical to wear, and sometimes a strand of nothing but huge chunky gemstones can be quite heavy.  I always use high quality beading wire with good strength and size, but I never want to stress the wire so completely that I cannot be sure it will stand up over multiple wearings for my customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...