Black and Gold Necklace and Earring Set

It took me a while to decide what to do with these large black and gold foil lampwork beads.  I believe they were described as "pendants", but I didn't let that stop me from using them not as pendants.  I used a smaller black glass pearl as the pendant, or more of a "dangly drop".  The rest of the necklace uses gold plated pewter bead caps and toggle clasp, black glass pearls, and black rondelle spacers with an aurora borealis finish.  I made earrings to match.  I am experimenting with earring displays, none of them to my liking as yet.  You will note in the picture of the earring pair that one looks shorter than the other.  Actually, it is the way they are tilted.  This particular display doesn't leave much room for the back of the hook.  I have another display which is too short for a longer earring.  I am beginning to feel a bit like Goldilocks, who often found things just a little off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRA Earrings

  I made these earrings from the Kira Earrings pattern on BeadsMagic.com .  It was an easy to follow pattern, so I only messed up a few ti...